Business exhibitions offer a great way to reach a large number of potential customers, in a short period of time. The one downfall is that your company’s exhibit must compete with dozens or hundreds of other businesses, many in the same industry. This competitive environment makes it crucial that your exhibition stands out from all the others, as a means of generating more foot traffic to your booth. Below is a look at several great tricks you can use to make sure your business exhibition really stands out.
- Attention-Grabbing Booth – Since you will be competing with so many other vendors, your display must stand out. Bright colors or lighting can help, along with any type of interesting graphics or display models. Anything that will make attendees want to learn more about your products or services. Be sure to keep the wording on your display short and to the point, so it is easy to read as consumers walk past your booth.
- Send the Right Staff Members – Don’t make the mistake of creating a dynamic exhibition display and then forget to send your best sales team to the event. This is a prime opportunity to generate leads and sales, so placing the right staff at your event is critical. Send a team that knows how to engage with the consumer and one that is knowledgeable about your goods or services.
- Send Info Home with Consumer – Most of the people attending a trade exhibit are there to obtain information and they will make a decision later. You cannot trust that they will remember everything you said at the exhibit. You must send them home with valuable information, such as a booklet discussing your products and contact information.
- Keep Booth Approachable – Many exhibitioners fill their exhibition tables so full that talking to potential customers becomes extremely difficult. Be sure to think about the need to interact directly with the attendees when designing your booth.
- Be Prepared to Make a Sale – One of the biggest mistakes companies make at business exhibitions is not being ready to make a sale. Make sure you bring along everything you need to schedule appointments, make a sale, collect consumer contact information, and to provide estimates, if possible.
- Double Check Regulations – Make sure you thoroughly read the trade show’s regulation prior to the big day. Every show has its own set of rules about what you can and can’t do. Also, make sure you know exactly how big your space is and what necessities will be available for you, such as tables and outlets.
- Always Test it First – The last thing you want to happen is start setting up at the event – only to realize that it’s not fitting together as you envisioned it. You always need to test your booth prior to the event and make any necessary changes. This will ensure everything looks great and is in place on exhibition day.
Keeping the above tips in mind when preparing for any upcoming exhibition will ensure that everything is taken care of and that your boot provides the maximum benefit to your business. Be sure to advertise for the trade show in-house, on your website, and through social media. You also want to start planning early to make sure everything is ready in time. For example, you will want to contact a professional booklet printing service to order informational booklets to hand out at the event.